• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3.5 MM / MP3 listening problem.

D

Deleted User

I listen to MP3's with headphones quite often while @ the golf range about 2-3 times a week. I just plug in a random non OEM 3.5 MM earbud headphones (like the white apple one lol :eek:), but sometimes more often than not the eris goes buggy and starts fast forwarding through songs / skipping songs / playing at a faster rate. It seems to this when you press or slightly wiggle the 3.5 MM jack on top, so when it's in my pocket i 'accidently' hit it sometimes. Now i dont know if touching the jack is why it's doing this but that is just theory/conclusion. Does anyone get this problem (people who use headphones while playing sports or having the phone in their pockets?) and/or does anyone know why it happens or how to fix it?

- Oh and another question i have is an accessory question but ill go ahead and ask it here to kill two birds with one stone. Can anyone suggest a good OEM earbud headphone for the Eris? I saw some that aren't actualy 3.5 MM jacks but plug into the Mini-USB port on the bottom, I wonder what kind of headphones came with some people's eris'.

Thanks again.

I listen to MP3's with headphones quite often while @ the golf range about 2-3 times a week. I just plug in a random non OEM 3.5 MM earbud headphones (like the white apple one lol :eek:), but sometimes more often than not the eris goes buggy and starts fast forwarding through songs / skipping songs / playing at a faster rate. It seems to this when you press or slightly wiggle the 3.5 MM jack on top, so when it's in my pocket i 'accidently' hit it sometimes. Now i dont know if touching the jack is why it's doing this but that is just theory/conclusion. Does anyone get this problem (people who use headphones while playing sports or having the phone in their pockets?) and/or does anyone know why it happens or how to fix it?

- Oh and another question i have is an accessory question but ill go ahead and ask it here to kill two birds with one stone. Can anyone suggest a good OEM earbud headphone for the Eris? I saw some that aren't actualy 3.5 MM jacks but plug into the Mini-USB port on the bottom, I wonder what kind of headphones came with some people's eris'.

Thanks again.

It could be the headphones but I use my old headphones that came with my ipod nano 2g years ago at the driving range every week and they work fine for me. One thing I have noticed is that the capacitive touch screen will register contact through fabric. I first noticed it cutting grass while listening with the eris in my pocket. Even using bluetooh headset if I put the phone in my pocket it will dial or end call when I move around. Now I use the clamshell holster combo and although I dont like it on my hip while hitting I just put the whole thing in my pocket and no problems.

Upvote 0

Thanks again.

Apple, BlackBerry or LG. I like iPod headphones the best. They fit and sound great.

Upvote 0
i had this issue when plugging an aux cable into my phone to listen to pandora in the car. when i laid the phone on the passenger seat, weird things would happen and all the sudden pandora would tell me i'd tried to skip too many songs in a row. it even happened when the phone screen was locked.

i ended up buying a higher quality aux cable off monoprice, and that solved the problem for me.

i suspect higher quality (with better shielded cable??) might solve your problem.

Upvote 0
Hi..[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]When i try to listen the Mp3 files, i hear the music for a few secs, after that it "disappears" and after few secs i hear it again. This continues trough the whole piece. Do anyone of you know why this happens? When playing downloaded music, there are no problems. Can anyone help?[/FONT]

Upvote 0
i had this issue when plugging an aux cable into my phone to listen to pandora in the car. when i laid the phone on the passenger seat, weird things would happen and all the sudden pandora would tell me i'd tried to skip too many songs in a row. it even happened when the phone screen was locked.

i ended up buying a higher quality aux cable off monoprice, and that solved the problem for me.

i suspect higher quality (with better shielded cable??) might solve your problem.

Wow, i have this exact problem. When hooked up in my car pandora automatically skips 6 songs and it seems to take a long time to go to the next song. Also, the audio keeps coming in and out, the cable seems to be very sensitive with the phone and it keeps cutting in an out. It used to work flawlessly on my old zune, not sure if its the Eris or what. I use regular Sony 3.5mm headphones at work and the phone works fine.

Guess i need to get a better quality cable like you suggested.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones