• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3 Different Brightness settings. 1)Main Phone 2)Stock Browser 3)Stock Video Player

SamsungVibrant

Android Expert
Jul 23, 2010
Edit update: epic has 2 brightness settings, not 3. Could possibly be because epic is running touchwiz 2.5 and not touchwiz 3 like the rest of the galaxy s phones.

There are 2 brightness settings.

One is in settings>sound and display.

The second is in the stock browser. Open the stock browser. Press menu. Select "more." Then select brightness setting.

This last one does not apply to Epic. Finally the 3rd, if you want to adjust the brightness and color tone while watching videos. Open your stock video player, select a video to play. Next, click menue. Then select brightness. You can also change the tone by selecting "color tone." I personally prefer the "Warm" setting.

Stock Video Player.

I assume you mean the one that launches when you select a video through the Gallery as there is no direct application link in the Applications drawer for Video Player.

If that's the case, then the only options I get with Menu are "Details" and "Via Phone".

I would love to use the tips you've provided but do not see it here. Perhaps I'm missing something?

Upvote 0
Stock Video Player.

I assume you mean the one that launches when you select a video through the Gallery as there is no direct application link in the Applications drawer for Video Player.

If that's the case, then the only options I get with Menu are "Details" and "Via Phone".

I would love to use the tips you've provided but do not see it here. Perhaps I'm missing something?

Interesting, you don't see a video player in your applications? It could be because Epic is running Touchwiz 2.5, while the other Galaxy S phones are running 3.0.

Can someone else please verify that the epic does not have a seperate icon for Video Player found under application...It might just not have it, maybe when Epic is updated to 3.0 it will include it. I will edit the post above if someone can confirm for sure that Epic does not include a seperate stock video player other than the one in Gallery... (btw the gallery video player does not allow you to adjust tone and brightness)

If the epic has it, it should look like this: Left corner, Video Player:
samsungvibrant-albums-gps-picture1951-imag0075.jpg

The settings options for the Video Player should look like this, again when you launch the video player using the galary, you will not have access to these settings options. Please let me know if the Epic includes a seperate launch icon for the Video Player found in applications. If Not I will edit the post above.
samsungvibrant-albums-gps-picture1952-imag0078.jpg

Upvote 0
@ SumsungVibrant... I don't even have this one; "The second is in the stock browser. Open the stock browser. Press menu. Select "more." Then select brightness setting."

When I click on my stock browser, there is no "More" button. It shows a bunch of Sprint crap, and I don't know how to make Google my home page. Anyway, did I get screwed on the stock browser? As I don't have any way of customizing it for brightness or even to make home page Google.

Any help/suggestions, appreciated - TIA :)

Upvote 0
@ SumsungVibrant... I don't even have this one; "The second is in the stock browser. Open the stock browser. Press menu. Select "more." Then select brightness setting."

When I click on my stock browser, there is no "More" button. It shows a bunch of Sprint crap, and I don't know how to make Google my home page. Anyway, did I get screwed on the stock browser? As I don't have any way of customizing it for brightness or even to make home page Google.

Any help/suggestions, appreciated - TIA :)

When you open your stock browser, click the Menu capacitive button next to the home button. Then Click More. brightness will be the last option. You can also change your home screen there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones