1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General 3 questions on music management

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by El_Ingeniero, Sep 25, 2011.

1. El_Ingeniero

El_Ingeniero Lurker
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    Hello,

Apologies first, as I'm a bit of a noobie with smartphones!

I quite like this phone but I'm not sure it can do 3 things that I really need, could you please help me?

1) I have a home network with a NAS, full of music so all computers play music from it. Can the phone, once wi-fi connected to the network, "see" all this? (I mean, is there some sort of Explorer app for it?)

2) Can its music player (or available app) store the tunes from the NAS in its library, so I can just click "play" whenever the phone is connected?

3) Can it hold, at the same time, an "internal" library with the music that is stored in the phone?

I'm asking the latter because I know some music players are funny about having different locations for music in the library

Thanks very much, any help much appreciated!

E.I.

Advertisement

2. smsgAce

smsgAce Member
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    I too have a nas (in case you have synology, then you can download apps for music, files, and torrents. idk about the rest)
    1) SGA has a pre-installed allshare app that can see dlna compatible devices on the LAN, so I think this is a yes
    2)Haven't found a way to do this (I admit I didn't searched that much), but it isn't phone limited e.g. apps like DSaudio(for synology) loads it's playlist everytime you enter the app.
    3) yes it does.

3. El_Ingeniero

El_Ingeniero Lurker
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    Hey, thanks for your reply!

My NAS is a QNAP and it says on the box that has DLNA with iPhone & iPod so I guess it should be fine...

Thanks for your help again,

J