• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3 questions on music management

Hello,

Apologies first, as I'm a bit of a noobie with smartphones!

I quite like this phone but I'm not sure it can do 3 things that I really need, could you please help me?

1) I have a home network with a NAS, full of music so all computers play music from it. Can the phone, once wi-fi connected to the network, "see" all this? (I mean, is there some sort of Explorer app for it?)

2) Can its music player (or available app) store the tunes from the NAS in its library, so I can just click "play" whenever the phone is connected?

3) Can it hold, at the same time, an "internal" library with the music that is stored in the phone?

I'm asking the latter because I know some music players are funny about having different locations for music in the library

Thanks very much, any help much appreciated!

E.I.

I too have a nas (in case you have synology, then you can download apps for music, files, and torrents. idk about the rest)
1) SGA has a pre-installed allshare app that can see dlna compatible devices on the LAN, so I think this is a yes
2)Haven't found a way to do this (I admit I didn't searched that much), but it isn't phone limited e.g. apps like DSaudio(for synology) loads it's playlist everytime you enter the app.
3) yes it does.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones