1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

3 time lucky

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bonerp, Dec 13, 2013.

1. bonerp

bonerp Android Expert

OK so I've had enough of the home button stopping working and having to restart this thing.

Went back to the CPW shop I bought it only to be told after being on my 2nd replacement for the same issue, this one would have to be sent back for repairs which could take between 14 and 28 days.

Samsung you are loosing a customer very rapidly...

Having just bought a Sony tablet where the quality is far superior to this and Samsung tablets, I am less than impressed. Even to the point of selling the N3 (when its been returned) and buying into a better quality product.

Really wish I'd stuck to my Note 2. It was not lacking in performance and I didn't have any problems with it!

CPW even said this was a FW issue affecting lots of N3's....funny as I've only seen one other user on here with the issue...idiots.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

Guess it's no coincidence that most droids tend to avoid actual mechanical buttons wherever possible - how long till someone comes out with a non-mechanical volume button.

I'm guessing the power button will always have to be an actual button ;)

3. bonerp

bonerp Android Expert

i doubt its a fault of the actual button as it can be reset by restarting the device.

Looking across forums it appears to be something that just happens (!) with android phones....whether its related to a build problem with the chip sets or software (or button) I don't know.

The CPW gimp..sorry geek said its bad fw which can only be reapplied at the repair centre...hmm I have a feeling I will get back the same issue.

I'm more annoyed that I bought it from a shop for support purposes and then told it needs sending away and now I have no phone for potentially a couple of weeks - and what with xmas coming up....grrrrrrrrrrr

These shops just don't care that we rely so much on phones nowadays and they are really not set up to support it. I guess going forward I'd be better off buying online for less as the support arrangements are identical in that it needs to be sent away for repair.

4. _sC

_sC Well-Known Member

5. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

It just sounds like the product placement for samsung is very random at best.

I have heard about certain issues before, but it totally seems to be hit or miss depending on the consumer.

Sorry about your bad experience :(

6. bonerp

bonerp Android Expert

maybe just unlucky and got a bad batch.

I wondered whether it might be related to an app causing problems but I even tried with and without Nova Launcher and certain apps which were running at the time but no joy. Must be a glitch.

7. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert

Which country of manufacture is your Note 3? This can be different from the battery's origin so look under it.

8. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert

I have a Samsung monitor that uses strictly capacitive buttons (ALL of them). From volume up/down, settings, power... everything handled by capacitive touch. Only issue is that they are not backlit and hard to see. Not an issue once you take the time to initially set it up. Then you don't really don't need to use the capacitive buttons as much (with the exception of Power button). The original PS3 I believe also used capacitive buttons.

Then the original Note LTE (i717; North American version) had 4 capacitive buttons on the bottom of the device (menu, home, back and search). I wonder why Samsung couldn't keep that design. I liked it a lot in looks (very clean appearance) compared to the physical home which made it look ugly.

You could try to boot into safe mode and see. That should rule out if it is 3rd party or firmware issue. Since safe mode boots and runs default and disables 3rd party apps.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews