1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General 3 week phone, best cover: dead display?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by droicula, Sep 20, 2011.

1. droicula

droicula Lurker
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    Hey,
    As the title says, my Galaxy s2 is about 3 weeks old with the otterbox cover from the start, and it's not rooted or anything like that. I was listening to some music, then when I came back home today I stopped the music, unplugged the earphones and left it on the table. Now, 1-2 hours later the display wont work. I can hear screenshots I'm making, and I tried taking out the battery and putting it in again to restart the phone, but the display is still not showing any signs of life.

I'm obviously not too happy about this, but I can't quite believe that the display is actually broken... I mean I protected it so well and it's so new. Could there be any other reason? Anything I could try to get it back to work before I deal with the greedy dealer?

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    It's probably not so much "broken" as "failed". It happens I'm afraid; despite the best of treatment electronics do sometimes just pack in for no obvious reason.

I wouldn't even try. You done the obvious (restart, battery removal)... at only 3wks old I'd be taking it back pronto and looking for a replacement under warranty.