• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

30 pin Apple connector to usb available?

Captain Sexy

Android Enthusiast
Jun 17, 2010
I did a search and found a few solutions but they are bulky or no longer available. But anyway, i'm trying to see if anybody has made a 30 pin to usb adaptor. Basically I want to connect my S3 to my current I home devices. I still have my apple stuff so being able to do both would be really nice.

Thanks for your help.

Even if you find such a connector, it will not work like you want it to. Your iHome devices will only work with other iDevices.

Once you invest your money into iDevices, you are done.

I don't see why not, the connector would charge the phone, you could have a small head phone cable maybe 4" to connect to the headphone port to the connector and the phone would stand on top and should play like that.

I've seen other setups like this but the cable is like 3 feet long, and who wants cables running all over.

Upvote 0
I don't see why not, the connector would charge the phone, you could have a small head phone cable maybe 4" to connect to the headphone port to the connector and the phone would stand on top and should play like that.

I've seen other setups like this but the cable is like 3 feet long, and who wants cables running all over.

With additional cables for audio it will, of course. What is the point then.

Upvote 0
With additional cables for audio it will, of course. What is the point then.

Well I was thinking.

1. To utialize the device I already have without the need to buy another
2. Should be a $10 cable so I save $90 by not having to buy an additional device.
3. The basic idea I have in mind is a much cleaner look than what I've seen on market.
4. Other than that no point.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones