1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

30 unneeded/unwanted apps

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I literally have 30 apps on my Samsung Galaxy S3 that I do not want or need and have downloaded themselves.

Some of these were already on my phone when I got it, but most of these have added themselves recently and are taking up a ton of room on my phone. I know some of them are required for the phone to work correctly, but...

Mobile TV
    Messenger+
    Play Books
    Play Magazines
    Play Movies & TV
    S Memo
    S Suggest
    Talk
    AT&T Drivemode
    AT&T Family App
    AT&T Locker
    ChatON
    Flipboard
    Group Play
    Messages (its an actual app, not my text messages and that makes no sense for me to have)
    Music Hub
    Music Player
    Paper Artist
    AllShare Play
    Google+
    Media Hub
    Google Play Newsstand
    Hangouts (replaces Talk)
    Samsung Link (AllShare Play)
    YP Local Search & Gas Prices
    Google Earth
    AllShareCast Dongle S/W Update
    GO Launcher EX
    Kies Air
    Flipboard: Your News Magazine

Several of these apps are repeating themselves, like having 3 different types of chat apps that I will never use, or music apps, or magazine apps. I just want these gone.
    I've been told that I can't uninstall them, but I feel like there HAS to be a way without taking illegal measures.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    1) Rooting your phone isn't illegal. It voids the warranty in the US (in Europe that can't use that to get out of honoring the warranty).

2) You don't have to root to get rid of some f them.

3) Settings/Application manager. Go to the ones you want to get rid of and disable them. I don't think any of the ones you listed will cause a problem if they're removed, but if they're disabled and there's a problem, you can re-enable them.

Do it one app at time. Disable it. See if the phone works. Turn it off. See if there are error messages when it turns on. If not, go to the next app.

As far as Go Launcher, I can't understand how you prefer Touch Wiz (the native launcher) to Go, but it's your phone, so use the one you prefer. I installed Nova and never looked back.