• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 32 gb Micro SD from Verizon on launch day?

Just got my 32gb in the mail from VZW. Ordered on opening day from them, but none were in stock. With my discount of 25%, couldn't pass a 32gb for $75, class 2 or not. Anyway, just loaded 29 movies and a ton of music for long trips. Works fine for storing and playing movies.

How did you get the extra 25% off? I had to pay the full $99 for mine on launch day and almost had to fight for that. I got my usual 25% off everything else but they would further discount the memory card. I was lucky I had brought in the printout from the web as the Verizon store said it rang up at full price and had already told someone else that was the price.

Upvote 0
After reading this thread, I'm actually thinking of taking mine back to Verizon for a refund.

Decisions, decisions.

The thing about the class speed ratings is that they also require the device to be able to read/write at the higher speed. As a dslr camera buff, I can say that from experience. If I pop my $300 600X compactflash card in to my daughters Canon 30D, it will not perform any better than her slower cards because the camera can't keep up. I don't know what the Droid X is capable of in the way of speed but since they are selling the class 2 for it, it can't require anything faster.

Filling up a higher speed card using an external card reader capable of high speeds could make life easier, though.

Upvote 0
The class thing for the microSD cards is mostly just placebo. Most microSD card compatible devices do not have the ability to take advantage of higher speed cards. I've never read anything that stated that any phones out right now are even capable of taking advantage of higher class cards. I have the 32GB microSD and it works perfectly, very pleased.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones