1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

32GB Micro SD HC works with Prevail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MiguelAMX, Apr 21, 2012.

1. MiguelAMX

MiguelAMX Well-Known Member

I bought this a few days ago and heres how it turned out for me:

- Prevail does not recognize the card at first. But after a format it will work.
    - This is much faster than the standard 2gb card that comes with the prevail. Not THAT much faster but noticeable.
    - The SD adapater that comes with the Prevail DOES NOT work with this card. Your machine will crash "My Computer" because it cannot read the media
    - A USB connection will work with the Prevail and it will be able to transfer to the card as long as you have the latest drivers.

I bring this up for anyone curious enough how a 32GB MicroSD HC card works with Prevail and if some of you are not aware of such a cheap price for huge storage. I'd buy this quickly because for this price it will sell fast.

Amazon.com: SanDisk microSDHC 32GB Flash Memory Card (Card Only) SDSDQM-032G-B35,Black: Electronics

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Probably faster because it's a higher class card.

3. MiguelAMX

Yep ! This is a class 4 card so I'd say thats good enough. The PREVAIL 2gb card is a class 2. The Media scanner on boot up is much quicker. I don't think its really worth it to buy a class 6 or 8 card because well.. I dont need that much speed lol class 4 works fine. I think thats even good enough for HD recording.

4. wetbiker7

As long as you're happy, that's all that matters. ;)

5. MiguelAMX

And I'd like to spread that happiness to other people who do not have the wonderful comfort of 31gb of free usable space :D

wetbiker7 likes this.
  6. wetbiker7

I've got a class 10 16gb card and it does the trick for now. One day I may end up buying a 32gb card. Thanks for making the info available to everyone.:thumbup:

MiguelAMX likes this.
  7. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert

I have a 16gb card too. Its very nice. I have a 2gb ext4 partition. Very spacious and comfy. But I might just have to go out and get one of those 32gb cards...

8. rlphbgby

rlphbgby Well-Known Member

cant beat that price.

9. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Android Expert

I used to use a 32gb, but I found that if you try to partition it, it will corrupt the partition tables and render it useless.

10. inigomontoyasr

inigomontoyasr Android Enthusiast

maybe it's just the card. i use a 32GB class 6 kingston with three partitions and haven't had trouble.

11. The~Skater~187

Really? I have tried several methods of partitioning mine, with no success. Ingo, how did you partition yours, CWM or PC?

12. inigomontoyasr

inigomontoyasr Android Enthusiast

i've had it since i got the phone. used to use EASEUS to make ext2 partitions for link2sd before cwm came out. now i use cwm when i wipe/partition it and it always works fine.

13. The~Skater~187

Odd. Wonder why mine gets all screwy when I try to partition it.

14. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Have you tried a complete format first (to write data to the 'virgin' unused portions of the card)
    doing so seems to have alleviated some of the problems i have had with my card (pny 16g class 10) my lag is gone for the most part and got links2/s2e working for me :) don't know of it will help you on your situation, but i figured it couldn't hurt :D

15. The~Skater~187

First-I tried partitoning it with CWM= corrupt partitions
    Second- Put it in my PC formatted back to default, then partitioned using GParted for Ubuntu= No go, couldn't mount sd-ext.

Tried multiple different methods and partition sizes with the same results. I think I'd have to go with Inigo and say it's probably my card. Especially since I bought my PNY 16gb class 10 and it partitioned and mounts sd-ext just fine. It's just my 32gb card won't. I would love to use my 32gb, but I'm happy with my 16gb for now.

16. tivofool

tivofool Well-Known Member

And to confuse people more they name SD cards similarly : the two product lines ultra and extreme.

Sdhc ultra
    Sdxc extreme. - faster file transfer speeds ...twice as fast.

And the speeds differ for different manufacturers. So one class 10 might be slower than a different brand class 10.

Does the prevail support sdxc?

17. RTLflat

RTLflat Android Enthusiast

and does it support sdhc? one in my phone just say sd no hc. found some 16gb really cheap but said not compatible with all devices. I'll probably get a few and if they don't work o well. class ten our four I'll have to see which cheap ones were I think ten tho

18. MiguelAMX

It wont, thats why you must format within the phone.

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews