1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

32gb vs 64gb

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Christoph, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Christoph

Christoph Lurker

Given that the 64gb prime is delayed until Q2 of next year and given that the prime has a micro-sd slot, is there really any reason to wait? With the internal memory and the sd card, you can get the same 64gb and have the prime now (as opposed to June, most likely).

What are your opinions? I'm curious.

thnx,
    Christoph

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

I'll let you know when I use up my 32gb but just to let you know, I may never report back:p:)

3. TheKricket

TheKricket Newbie

Actually, the 64GB has already been released to retailers - some end users have already begun to receive them.

Mine is set to be delivered on January 3rd.

4. zoukis05

zoukis05 Member

You may never see this then, but I'm quite content with 32gb in the prime, a 32gb Micro SD and if all of that miraculously gets used up, I'll use a 32gb SD when I get the dock. Yeah, I don't think I'm filling that all up.

5. rdalev

rdalev Android Enthusiast

If you need that much more memory, buy an extra microsd card and swap it out with the one already in your prime !:eek:

6. ArcherBen

ArcherBen Lurker

I'm holding out for the 64GB version. Ever since I bought an HD video camera and started shooting video, I've found it incredibly easy to eat up storage space very quickly. I just upgraded my microSD in my Evo to a 32GB because my 16GB wasn't cutting it. That was last Saturday and I've already used 19GB of it. I thought my Evo was a great platform for easy portability of showing off my hunting videos, but this thing will be much, much better. Add on top of that a few movies for kid entertainment, my wifes 15GB of music, and a handfull of useful apps, and I see myself adding a 32GB card to my 64GB tablet in due time.

Nastro likes this.
  7. Nastro

Nastro Member

I'm getting the 64gb just to future proof as much as possible. Trying to find out if the miscrosd slot is sdxc or sdhc. I heard in one review the guy says the sd slot on the dock is sdxc! that is awesome. If so I'll be getting a 64gb sd for it. I plan on using it for work documents, pdf's, movies on trips for my kiddos, music player in car, and all the usual functions. Don't really plan on using it much for taking pics n videos, but hq video will take up a lot of space quick as previously stated.

8. golfernut78

golfernut78 Well-Known Member

i read prior to the release that it was only sdhc. i am using a 32 gb microsd currently. i actually have two - one is my movie card and one is the work card which i am keeping pdf copies are of architectural projects, and photos of projects on.

9. Nastro

Nastro Member

That's a good idea using separate cards for work. I would do that if work bought it for me!

10. golfernut78

golfernut78 Well-Known Member

the work one is only a 16gb and only cost me $20. small price but i am not going to make them pay for that.

11. vectorman

vectorman Newbie

It has been reported by others on XDA and Transformer Forum that the Sandisk 64GB Micro SDXC card (after formatting in NTFS or FAT32) works in both the original TF and the Prime, and that the 128GB SDXC works in the dock of the Prime (not sure about the OTF). Since this is the case, the 32GB Prime can be expanded to whatever you like.

Amazon currently has the Sandisk Micro SDXC for about $150, and the Lexar Pro 128GB SDXC for $175.

12. ckcgnfshn

ckcgnfshn Lurker

Has anyone gotten a confirmation that the 64 gb ones are out or shipped

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews