1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

$350 early terminiation fee 11/15

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by stktrader, Nov 12, 2009.

1. stktrader

stktrader Member

Nov 6, 2009
    I am sure everyone has been informed about this hike in the early termination fee by verizon from $175 to $350.
    Confirmed: Verizon Wireless to charge up to $350 early termination on “advanced devices” Boy Genius Report

I was concerned about this since most credit card companies change terms left and right. But since I bought my droid on the 6th, and according to a verizon customer service rep, my contract will not change to the $350 fee, so buy your droid before the 15th and brag that you got in before the soon to be uproar..

Advertisement

2. s-one

s-one Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks OP for the post. Now I'm really on the fence. I was thinking of getting one for my wife for Christmas. I know she has 30 days from purchase but after that.. if all doesn't go well 350 isnt pocket change. Well neither was 175 for that matter.

3. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Female
    Boston, MA
    I still have to wait until Monday b/c Fedex apparently doesn't do Saturday shipping to my area (which, oddly enough, is within walking distance to Boston- not like I'm in the back woods or anything...Grrr),:thinking:

4. aaron19953

aaron19953 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Dover, DE
    Sadly however, you don't agree to the terms and conditions until you ACTIVATE your phone.... Don't feel too bad, i'm in the same boat

ugghh

-=<> Aaron <>=-

5. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Female
    Boston, MA

I actually printed my contract and it doesn't say $375. It may very well be an error. Doesn't really matter to me one way or another b/c I'm SO not going anywhere! I'm a very loyal customer and I won't be going anywhere anytime soon! Their customer service is outstanding.

Especially now when my precious is arriving soon! :D