• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3500mah battery for hero

Just ordered mine today. Really looking forward to not having to worry about throttling my power down to get a full days use out of my Hero. Mainly I want to run everything on and widgets galore without having to worry about battery life... if it lasts me 24hrs i'll be happy.

also glad I purchased the holster I did because it should work nicely.

HTC Matte Leather Horizontal Pouch - Original (OEM) 82024

Upvote 0
I would buy this but I talked to a sprint rep about extended batteries and she said that seidio batteries are bad for your phone so I'm worried that if I buy it it'll mess my phone up :(

Of course the Sprint rep will bad mouth the Seidio battery. I have been using it since last week and other than the increased capacity and size there is no difference in performance at all.

With the stock battery, on heavy use days I have been as low as 18% by midnight. with the new battery never below 51%. Hard to beat that performance.

Upvote 0
The Mugen battery case looks much better from a design standpoint. Shipping is free, same as the eBay battery, so the Mugen website saves you $10. the Seido battery backing case looks more simple and "military" in styling to me, but you can't argue with the cost, at about $60.

One more option is a solar charger, and I came across this one today. $39.95, and free shipping from their website.

Solio - Portable Hybrid Solar Charger

And at Amazon.com:

Amazon.com: Solio Solio Hybrid 1000 Charger: Sports & Outdoors

Upvote 0
I believe it works with the spring clip case. I know they say it works with one of them, check Seidio.com. I have this battery and love it. As for not being good for the Hero I think they wanted to sell an HTC battery. I had an extended Seidio battery in my old Palm Treo with no issues. They are a very quality product IMHO.

Upvote 0
After a week of use the Seidio battery is terrific. No matter how I used the phone it never dropped below 48% by midnight. I turn my phone off at night to reboot/recharge. I actually like the feel of the bigger phone . It is easier to hold and manipulate. However, not everyone will agree.

Now I can't wait for the 2.1 update to see what the phone can really do.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if the hero with this battery installed will fit in either the Innocase holster that comes with the Innocase II and Innocase Holster combo or the Spring-Clip Holster for use with non-cased phone device?

No there is no possible way. I have the sprint holster and it fits perfectly for the phone without a case. The Innocase isn't very thick but it again won't fit the extended battery. I've already posted about this on XDA so here's the link :)

3500mah extended battery on pre-order ships 12/24/09 - xda-developers

Upvote 0
I would buy this but I talked to a sprint rep about extended batteries and she said that seidio batteries are bad for your phone so I'm worried that if I buy it it'll mess my phone up :(

A good friend had the extended battery for his HTC Touch Pro and Mogul with no problems. The Sprint rep wants the sale, that's all.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if there is like a silicone case or something since my phone will now be unmatching?? I hate the idea of a black backing.

The clip holster from Seidio will fit it perfectly, and it will cover the screen while it is clipped for protection. Perhaps not ideal if you don't like clips/holsters, but they are well designed, and well built, if you just want something. I think the run 20-30 bucks. Check their website.

Upvote 0
The clip holster from Seidio will fit it perfectly, and it will cover the screen while it is clipped for protection. Perhaps not ideal if you don't like clips/holsters, but they are well designed, and well built, if you just want something. I think the run 20-30 bucks. Check their website.

anything else?? I think clips are a little to manly for me. I like to put in in my purse and I could never stand having something clipped to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones