1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

$39 Boost LG Volt - black friday at Kmart & Radio Shack

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by np6s4x, Nov 12, 2014.

1. np6s4x

np6s4x Well-Known Member

if your thinking about getting this phone for boost and can wait another two weeks you can get it for super cheap at Kmart:

Kmart Local Ad - Please provide a Zipcode. - page 11- $5 back too. - Thursday night

Radioshack - Thursday Morning

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

I'm gonna have to buy another one as my soft keys have stopped working for some reason. Thanks a lot!!

3. Sands207

Sands207 Android Enthusiast

Good call, my son has been asking for one for awhile now :D

donjuro likes this.
  4. Tigatron

Tigatron Android Expert

For that price I'll get a spare
    Don't have k-mart here anymore but think goodness for RS
    [​IMG]

donjuro likes this.
  5. ricksz

ricksz Newbie

The add says,"To use within 90 days once received". What happens if you don't activate the phone in that timeframe?

6. np6s4x

np6s4x Well-Known Member

if i don't find anything better i think i'll get one and root and strip the hell out of it, won't matter as much at that price if i break it, plus it'll be an excuse to get on boost's new data plan and away from virgin.

only other thought would be how hard or easy is it to transfer a number from virgin to boost.

that's for the $5 back at Kmart if you're part of their rewards program.

ricksz likes this.
  7. paulsaz

paulsaz Newbie

Radio Shack is also for Sprint prepaid.

8. Tylers2010

Tylers2010 Newbie

Just spent $90 last week getting this...Wish I would have known this then! lol

9. Boostermike

Boostermike Member

Thank you! I was going to buy for $79.00 at Radio Shack. I am going to wait!

Anyone know if Radio Shack or K-Mart will sell them online?

10. Bstressfree

Bstressfree Member

I read a review stating that with the Boost version of this phone you can't move apps to SD. While on the Virgin version you can. Anyone have any more info on this?

11. Tylers2010

Tylers2010 Newbie

I have the boost mobile version and I am able to put apps on my sd card.

12. zachary80

zachary80 Member

I believe the Apps to SD card problem is with the older version of android (resolved in L).

Also worth noting that Amazon has this for $71 right now

13. whoshotjr2006

whoshotjr2006 Android Enthusiast

prrep likes this.
  14. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Wow, that's so much an understatement. The Tribute is significantly less powerful than the Volt. It's smaller, has worse cameras, lower screen density, half the internal memory, etc. The only thing that is the same is the processor and RAM. Everything else is worse.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/LG-TRIBUTE,LG-Volt/phones/8951,8653

hungryghosty likes this.
  15. whoshotjr2006

I checked one out today and it didn't run any different than my volt. Still snappy, and on VM its an acceptable replacement, more so than a kyocera or paying huge for a Samsung. Plus it helps that much of the Dev work for the volt would help on the tribute.

16. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

It ran the same because it has the same processor and RAM, but it severely lacks in literally every other respect. It has less than 2GB user storage space, and a pitiful camera. Just look at the comparison.

17. whoshotjr2006

Its all a matter of personal taste. I only have like 5 extra apps from google play and store everything on my 16 GB SD card so storage is a moot point for me. And I honestly can't tell the difference between a 5mp camera and a 13mp camera, so I'll be picking one up thursday to play with. Use an optimus f3 for a while lol, you'll wish for an lg tribute.

18. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Yeah.

We're not going to ban anyone.

The whole browbeating over a phone sale was over the top. There really was no point to that, I agree.

Next time please use the report button rather than call to us in a post. The report button works better. ;)

Anyway until persuaded otherwise I'll have the last word -

Thread cleaned and closed.

#18 EarlyMon, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    DragonSlayer95 likes this.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews