1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

3D Animated Launcher?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by cyberrico, Oct 12, 2011.

1. cyberrico

cyberrico Member
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    I want my LG Esteem to be as 3D and as animated as possible. My goal is to be able to say, "WA-POW, check out my Droid ladies. Wanna touch it?", and get a positive response........

I have Launcher Pro and it is very cool with its 3D animated goodness, but I wanted to see what else is out there. I know about SPB but for $15, they can kiss my round brown badonkadonk. Yes, I remember you guys from my Windows Mobile days. Buggy, Bloated and Broken. 3D not 3B. :)

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Advertisement

2. Clipp

Clipp Member
    None

Jul 5, 2010
    US
  3. Mada

Mada Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 5, 2011
    School
    Alabama
    Those kind of launchers use up more battery power, I hope you are aware of that..

4. cyberrico

cyberrico Member
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    I am. I JB'd my iPhone and have done everything possible to my interface. The real battery killer is live wallpaper. Animated transitions aren't that bad. But the truth is that there are those of us who are near a charger 99% of the day and those who are rarely near one.

If I were to get on a plane for a 5 hour flight, I would strip it down, turn off bluetooth, wifi, etc and dim my screen to almost squinting to read it.

5. the258

the258 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    Medical Distributer
    McAllen TX
    SPB Shell 3D?
    SPB Shell 3D - YouTube
    I had it ($15 on the app market.) on my Indulge. Pretty nice but after a while it kept freezing my phone.

6. Miths000

Miths000 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    Denmark
    I bought SPB the other day, and after trying spending a lot of time with it - alongside another "3D launcher", Claystone - I think I'll be using it instead of Go Launcher. Not merely because of the pretty visuals, but also because I like some of its features such as the large panel widgets and the way it handles its folders.

Claystone also shows a lot of potential as a launcher that genuinely feels different in the way you navigate your phone, but I don't quite feel it's ready for prime time yet, as I've run into several bugs (the most recent being disappearing themes) - and two forced closes - in just the short time I spent testing it out.
    I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it though.

7. Aplus

Aplus Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Bay Area
    Yeah, Claystone does look nice but, as you said, it is kinda buggy. Regina wasn't too bad but was also glitchy. Haven't tried SPB 'cause like the OP said, I'm not payin' $15 for a home replacement.

8. jancat

jancat Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 4, 2011
    I think I'm gonna give spb a whirl. I too enjoy showing off 3d and live wallpaper... unfortunately I am on a plane alot but that is what the tablet is for...