• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3D Games for the LG P500?

Hello, I have heard about the application PSX4Droid, which is an PS1 Emulator. I have read here and there, and it seems that PSX4Droid only works well on 1ghz phones. My question is why? I know that Play Station 1 had a 33 mhz processor! So I can't understand, why isn't this working on all phones with processors faster that 33 mhz? I mean Lg Optimus One has 600 mhz, so why is this app not working well in it?
Please, if someone can reply, I would be grateful.

Upvote 0
Hello, I have heard about the application PSX4Droid, which is an PS1 Emulator. I have read here and there, and it seems that PSX4Droid only works well on 1ghz phones. My question is why? I know that Play Station 1 had a 33 mhz processor! So I can't understand, why isn't this working on all phones with processors faster that 33 mhz? I mean Lg Optimus One has 600 mhz, so why is this app not working well in it?
Please, if someone can reply, I would be grateful.
Hey andreiuc88 ....

The rule of thumb with emulation is having the processor of the emulating device (in this case ur P500) to be at least 20 times faster than the one being emulated (PS1) due to the some restrictions (dunno what or why? but they have this problem for PC emulators too).... So at least a 667Mhz CPU would be required to run PSX4Droid.... In this case I've seen many overclocked P500s run it smoothly.... mine is on stock and runs a few games like final fantasy, WCW Nitro etc., smoothly.... but ones like Dragon ball Z and Smackdown - Know your role! lag very badly and are to an extent unplayable... looking to mod and get some custom ROMs and overclock that 600 MHz ARM 11 CPU (Qualcomm MSM7227) but I'm afraid I'd void its warranty!! :-(

Upvote 0
give me a file sharing site i don't know any one good :)
i have like 1GB of files
you have to make 100 mb's part of it dude.... you can use winrar or winzip 7 compress files with settings of making 100 mb parts... Then you can upload it at Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

i hope you will do this... it's really helpful for us.
if you need any help reply me..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones