• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3D games

jabz

Sep 14, 2009
Hey guys, First post/topic.

Ive had my G2/Hero for about two weeks now, And its all what i wanted it to be, But one thing thats annoying me right now is that there are no 3d games! or are there any i dont know of? I saw a video on youtube showing the this phone is capable of runng 3d but nothing has been done about it.. Anyone know anything or know any 3d games i could get? Sorry if its been discussed before but i did try searching.. Thanks guys :)

Creating a 3D game in general takes time and resources even when you have something to start with. Creating a 3D game on a new platform takes even more time because there aren't any gaming engines to use or port from.

Any 3D games for the Android platform will be pretty rudimentary right now. Your best bet would be a PSOne emulator.

Personally, I would love to start creating a 3D app on the android platform (I'm considering an MMO actually), but my Java is quite rusty, and my C++/DirectX doesn't really port to Android well, lol.

Upvote 0
As far as I know, there is no PSX emulator for Android. There is one for the iPhone though, and both platforms are on the ARM architecture, so in theory, compiling a working PSX emulator is pretty much just a matter of translating the code to Java or modifying it to work with the C++/C# dev environment for Android.

Will the Hero be powerful enough to run a PSX emu? That's a toss-up. If it's optimized will enough, I say yes. Will there be a PSX emu for the Hero? Not without the support of the community. If you want to see one, get a hold of freelance Android developers or try asking around the official PSX emu forums for the creators support.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones