1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

3d movie player

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thIsgUy20, Jan 14, 2013.

1. thIsgUy20

thIsgUy20 Android Enthusiast

maybe one of you can help me out. so I got this thing on my laptop you can make movies 3d so my favorite movie ghost rider spirit of vengeance I turned it into a 3d video. but when I try and play it its side by side. I tried mx player but its side by side. which app can play side by side videos on the evo? btw im running aokp JB

2. davidmargolin

davidmargolin Android Expert

here is a third party app that works well... its a chinese app and translations are sloppy but I was able to find my way around...
    plays 3d movies perfectly...
    3DVPlayer??? - 3DV?????

ramjet73 likes this.
  3. ramjet73

ramjet73 Android Expert

Have you tried 3DVplayer, a Chinese 3D Video Player for Android-based 3D Smartphones?

ramjet73

4. thIsgUy20

5. ramjet73

ramjet73 Android Expert

Did you try the 4.1 version?

The article I gave you was more for info and may have linked old version of the player.

ramjet73

6. thIsgUy20

ill give it a try and report back if it works or not

7. thIsgUy20

that's the one I already had. for some reason it keep saying change priority of system player and I did but it keeps saying it. even after rebooting and stuff

8. landonh12

landonh12 Android Enthusiast

3D doesn't work on AOSP, or even JB roms.

Run one of the sense 3.6 ROMS on this forum and it should work.

9. ramjet73

ramjet73 Android Expert

That's true for the 3D camera and camcorder, but not necessarily for 3D stills and videos that have already been created. I just viewed the sample 3D photos fine using the QuickPic app with the plugin from this thread on the Evervolv 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM. There is also a 3D wallpaper app that works fine on AOSP ROM's as well as a 3D boot animation that first appeared in agrabren's CM10 ROM.

The key to getting 3D on anything other than a Sense ROM is that the 3D drivers need to be embedded in the app instead of depending on the Sense framework.

ramjet73

10. samusishere

samusishere Newbie

So then, isn't there a way to build a driver that allows for both cameras to work simultaneously?

11. ramjet73

ramjet73 Android Expert

If you mean to record 3D, of course there is since the stock HTC Sense ROM is able to do that. Unfortunately, HTC considers those drivers proprietary and won't release the source code. Since the Evo 3D/V is one of a handful of phones that has 3D support, and the only one made by HTC, there is not much incentive for developers to spend much time trying to reverse engineer them.

ramjet73

12. thIsgUy20

So on a jelly bean ROM will it still play 3d videos in .mp4 format? When I play the video its side by side and I can't get it to switch into 3d. Im using wonder share to convert them to 3d that's what they said use over on xda

13. ramjet73

ramjet73 Android Expert

Since 3dvplayer didn't work for you I'm not sure what else to try, but there are several 3D related threads in the stickies of the Evo 3D Themes and Apps Forum on XDA and you might find something else there.

ramjet73

14. thIsgUy20

I'm going to try and get 3dv to work. The video I had was 3 gibs I saw on xda they said evo don't play well with files over 2 gibs so. I'm doing another 1 but smaller to see if maybe it'll work

15. wigginst

wigginst Android Expert

Got 4.1 of that app but my 3d videos are so showing split. Is there a setting I missed?

16. thIsgUy20

That's the same as my problem. I'm trying to figure out something but if I think of something I'll let u no. You playing 3d videos that you took with the phone or 3d movies that you converted

17. ramjet73

ramjet73 Android Expert

It may be a problem identifying the device as an Evo 3D/V on the AOSP ROM's. It works fine on the Sense ROM's, so it's probably something in the build.prop that doesn't match what the app is looking for. I've seen it work on other AOSP ROM's before.

ramjet73

18. wigginst

wigginst Android Expert

Videos taken on the phone in my sense rom. Now trying to play them in slim bean rom.

19. thIsgUy20

I'm running aokp. You should try moboplayer I herd good stuff about it and it say it play all formats and I downloaded it Imma try it after this video get done transferring to my phone

20. ramjet73

ramjet73 Android Expert

Just tried it and I still get side-by-side images when playing 3D video on AOKP.

Let us know if you find some setting that makes it work.

ramjet73

21. thIsgUy20

I will so far I see the 2d/3d option but it ain't playing the video. When I fast forward the app will just start over. And this is on 3dv

22. nerdmastax

nerdmastax Well-Known Member

what about the app that jmz made? the evo 3d switcher. his app works on 4.1 so if you made a similar app that enabled sbs rendering in root mode you could watch any sbs video in 3d. i can find the htc docs again if someone needs em.

23. thIsgUy20

I wish I knew how to make a app I'd give it a try but Idk how. Can we use stock HTC video player on aokp maybe it will show it in 3d. Maybe the app from HTC one x on jb

24. nsciucco

nsciucco Android Expert

so if the 3D drivers are proprietary, Then why did they release it for the sprint version? (HTC EVO 3D) but not the EVO V?

25. ramjet73

ramjet73 Android Expert

When did they release the 3D and WiMax 4G drivers for the Evo 3D? That's the first I've heard of that. AFAIK, the source on the htcdev website does not include those drivers.

ramjet73