1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

3G/4G toggle widget for the Bionic

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smpross, Sep 20, 2011.

1. smpross

smpross Member

Anyone know if this exists yet? I would love a way to quickly toggle between 3G and 4G on the Bionic.

TIA

Scott

2. stp84

stp84 Newbie

I've been looking for the same thing. Can't seem to find one yet, it would be nice though to have a widget on your home screen for this

3. pbj84

pbj84 Newbie

Free in the Market, LTE Switch.

However, it only takes you to the settings area and you then choose which option you want. As close as I have seen to toggle.

4. HotDawg

HotDawg Android Enthusiast

Apparently you can create a shortcut to the page with some of the home apps, but there is no actual widget.

5. DanDroide

DanDroide Android Enthusiast

Actually, they are shortcuts.

1st of all, there is a free app listed under "LTE OnOFF - HTCThunderbolt"...it works:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff&feature=search_result
    Once you open on it, scroll down to: "Set preferred network type" > click on drop down menu just below - 4G is "GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)" by default...choose "CDMA auto (PRL)" for 3G.

You can also create one using the free app "Anycut":
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.appdroid.anycut&feature=search_result
    Once open, go to > New Shortcut > Activity > [scroll down, may look blank] until you see "Phone Info" > RENAME from "Phone Info" to "4g/3g Toggle" (or whatever you want to call it) > click OK. It will be on your Homescreen. Once you open it (on your homescreen), scroll down to: "Set preferred network type" > click on drop down menu just below - 4G is "GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)" by default...choose "CDMA auto (PRL)" for 3G.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews