1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

3G AND 4G data monitor app?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mcf57, Dec 9, 2011.

1. mcf57

mcf57 Member
    None

Nov 8, 2011
    Is there a free app out there that can monitor BOTH 3G & 4G data usage for my Verizon LG Revolution? Most of the ones I have come across seem to be able to do it only for 3G (Watchdog, Traffic Statistics, etc.).

I have '3G Watchdog' installed, but it doesn't seem to monitor my 4G LTE connection. I am in an area that is heavily covered by 4G LTE (Atlanta) so would like to accurately be able to keep track of it all.

Any recommendations?

Advertisement

2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 28, 2010
    Retired
    Virginia
    I do not know anything about your phone in general, but there is a widget on my Charge called MyVerizionData, which tells me how much data I have used during the current billing cycle. These phones work pretty much the same, so long press on a screen you want it on and choose Widgets and look for it. Hope you have it.

3. mcf57

mcf57 Member
    None

Nov 8, 2011
    Well, I did indeed find a widget on my Revolution titled 'My Verizon Mobile'. Opening up and setting it up as needed did indeed essentially allow me to see how much data I've used and gave me several statistics involving my account. This is probably as good as any app will do & more accurate (since its a Verizon app). Thanks for the info.

4. sohguanh

sohguanh Android Enthusiast
    None

Most likely the Verizon app 'talk' to own Verizon servers to retrieve the information and it will always be the most accurate as all bytes are registered at the servers and the bill based on that sent to customers.