1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

3G Card With Infuse?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by zillurd, Sep 15, 2011.

1. zillurd

zillurd Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Hi guys, I was thinking of upgrading to a Samsung Infuse from my current crappy 3g Phone. I was wondering if all I had to do is get the Infuse and put my SIM Card in and I'm good to go? Some people have said that since I don't have a data plan that some features wouldn't work, but I don't really care about all that fancy stuff. If the card does work then would I absolutely have to add a data plan on my contract?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. zillurd

zillurd Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    It should be fine. You'd obviously lose the ability to read emails/browse the web etc when not connected to WiFi, but you'd still be able to make calls, receive texts etc.

Just turn off the mobile network setting so it won't ever try to connect to net when there's no wireless connection and it should be ok.

4. zillurd

zillurd Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Thanks, thats a relief to know! Would I have to pay a data plan if I did upgrade my phone, however? I don't need the plan considering I'm surrounded by WiFi everywhere I go

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Depends on your provider. Over here, there are a few plans available on my carrier that don't include data. Because of the length of time I've been with them and the deal I'm on, it's cheaper for me to renew without data and buy one of the external data Bolt Ons than it would be to switch to a plan with inclusive data.