1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support 3G Connection constantly working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dreed, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Dreed

Dreed New Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Doncaster
    My X10 Xperia has in the last too days started using the 3G connection constantly, I noticed it when I got a txt from Vodafone saying my allowance was nearly gone ( I mostly use wireless connection) I downloaded a app showing internet usage and it was constantly going up even after using task killer to kill apps, I have got lookout mobile installed and did a virus/malware scan and it came up with nothing.
    Any ideas?
    Is there a way that I can see exactly what is using the connection?
    I have had to disable 3G in the settings for now.

Advertisement

2. x10iii

x10iii Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    just use the APN on/off widget to easily enable/disable 3g with just one click..

3. pyromatic18

pyromatic18 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Australia
    It could be Timescape, do you have it set to sync often?

4. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Male
    DB2 DBA
    Florida
    I would pull the battery if you can't find the issue. never hurts.

I downloaded 2 apps yesterday which seemed to help me allot, Battery Booster and Memory Booster (yes, same developer).

But then, I also haven't used any 3G for over a week, (Yes, I need to get out more :D

5. Dreed

Dreed New Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Doncaster
    I have tried taking the battery out that hasnt helped, Im not using timescape and I do have a widget to disable it but it keeps switching itself back on.

6. rosered

rosered Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    Also are you running a task killer because that could be killing your Data Switch app thus letting the 3g reconnect.

7. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Manchester UK
    If you go into settings > wireless & network > mobile network > then turn off data traffic without using a widget (that's for 2.1 think its slightly different for 1.6).
    I've had no end of trouble with 3G and the X10 but mine has been the other way round I had to reinstall to get it working again.

8. Dreed

Dreed New Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Doncaster
    Thanks for all your posts, I have finally figured it out, I installed an app called Webkey which allows you to remotely log into your phone using the internet, turns out this app was constantly connected to the internet, I went in the settings and disabled this and the problem was solved.
    Thanks.