1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

3G connection issue since JB update.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scottbufc, Dec 20, 2012.

1. scottbufc

scottbufc Lurker

Hello all

Updated to JB today and since that the phone will not connect to any 3G or roaming. Very annoying. This must be due to the update as it was fine previously.

Android 4.1.1
    HTC Sense 4+
    Software 3.14.401.27

When I go into mobile data on the settings it just says disconnected.

I also dont like the new keyboard and that some keys have moved but I can deal with this. The lack of 3G I cannot. JB seems much more hassle than what its worth. Any advice?

Thanks a lot.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Well-Known Member

Something must have went wrong during the installation because I ran JB for a while and 3G connected fine. Are you rooted or anything? And in the settings where it says "Mobile Data", does it allow you to tap it or is it greyed out?

scottbufc likes this.
  3. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Android Expert

Have you tried all the usual things like a reboot, or a long press on the power button to simulate a battery pull.

Try settings long press on mobile data & change network mode to wcdma only see if that fixes it first.

The only other thing is a factory reset but this should be a last resort as it wipes your phone

scottbufc likes this.
  4. NaNaNiii

NaNaNiii Newbie

I had this problem and fixed it by phoning up my network (EE) asking them to send me their APN settings and it connected fine afterwards

scottbufc, Xyro and jamesad like this.
  5. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

I've heard of multiple people needing their APN settings sent to them after updating, as their phone loses them for some reason. So you might wanna contact your provider and have them send the APN settings again if it's still not working

scottbufc likes this.
  6. scottbufc

scottbufc Lurker

Was an APN issue, all sorted now. Thanks for all the help guys.

7. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Yeah, the same happened on my sisters phone after she got the update. I used that support tool on T-Mobile's website to re-send the APN and that seems to have fixed it for her.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews