1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

3G coverage vodafone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by davespils, Apr 13, 2010.

1. davespils

davespils New Member

Apr 13, 2010
    I am really happy with the Nexus since getting it 5 weeks ago and have got a lot of good advice scanning this forum but for me the one thing that lets the phone down is the 3G coverage.

I am on Vodafone in an area with good 3G signal but I seem to be constantly on Edge or GPRS is there anything I can do or is it a hardware issue that we hope will be sorted out.

I am sat in work and a colleague of mine has constant 3G on his HTC hero which I find really annoying. It is letting the phone down in my opinion.

Any advice / information - thanks.

Advertisement

2. daffyduck

daffyduck Guest

Well I am in the same boat as you of sorts, as I am also on Vodafone.....

Initially, I did have some concerns about the phones ability to connect to 3G at decent speeds, especially when compared with my wife's Hero.

To be honest, I only turn the 3G connectivity on when I need to in order to save battery.

Do I think that the 3G reception is a slight weakness of the wife - probably, yes. But in reality, it connects to 3G when I need it to & when it is available in my area.

What I have noticed, is that since rooting the phone & flashing a custom ROM and updated Radio, it "Feels" that the 3G reception isn't as much of an issue as it "seems" to be better.

This is a reoccurring theme on the phone on different forums. On XDA this morning, I noticed that some people have reported better reception by changing a setting (only available by rooting) on their phones.......it may be incorporated as standard on Cyanogen's next ROM version, as it does not exist on the stock ROM. I won't change it manually, until it is on the next custom ROM that I use.

A more complicated subject this is than I initially thought but there are things you can do to improve matters - the choice, is yours :)

[ROM] CyanogenMod-5: Kang Central Station (STABLE) [03/23/2010 / 5.0.5.3] - Page 708 - xda-developers
    This subject is discussed from this page onwards on XDA for those who are interested......

Tags: