• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 3G Data cuts off after 5 minutes when screen is off...

Cruecu

Aug 23, 2010
I know this is a rooted issue because it never happened on stock. I have had this problem on Fresh and Baked Snack. Whenever the screen is off and I'm listening to anything that requires mobile data (pandora, streaming radio), it cuts out after about 5 minutes. When I turn the screen on, I can see 3G kick back in and the stream starts again. Is this a known problem with a known solution? It's killing me

I have the same thing happen to me. I have my that box unchecked, so that data is not always on. I had assumed that 3g dropped because of the box being unchecked. I just went into the preferences in Pandora, and set it so that the screen stays on while Pandora is playing. That seems to solve it. I know that this uses more battery, but I just turn the screens brightness all the way down, and it seems to be fine. So you could try that when you use Pandora.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones