1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips 3g data, how I fixed my problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Droid808, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Droid808

Droid808 Newbie
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    Aloha from Hawaii...

I was having trouble with no 3g service yesterday, and this is what FIXED it.. hit the menu/drawer button and click on the ACTIVATE icon.. you will see a countdown like 3....2....1 then you will get a ERROR (this is NORMAL, your already activated!) but it will reregister your phone with the network and your 3g should work fine!

I did this yesterday, 3g worked all day, then turned phone off, and this morning the 3g is STILL working!

Try it and see if it works for you!

ALOHA!

Advertisement

Leon14 likes this.
  2. Leon14

Leon14 Newbie
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    I've tried this. I don't get an error message; it just goes thru the activation process... and, unfortunately, doesn't fix anything.

3. Christhayer

Christhayer Lurker
    None

Apr 3, 2011
    I had to do this like 2 weeks ago and havnt had problems since and I've rooted and changed my rom

Leon14 likes this.
  4. Leon14

Leon14 Newbie
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    I just tried the advice I found from earlier in this forum and it has fixed the problem (but it's only been about ten minutes so far, so we'll see how long it lasts). I Googled "Virginmobile escalation" which takes you to a site with phone numbers to more local help (ie. not the Philippines). The phone number I called is : 1-866-553-9810. The woman said she was "tier 3" and said she and others on her level came up with this fix on their own, but the engineers are supposedly working on this problem (I pointed out that the publicity they're getting on the web isn't great at this point because of the lack of resolution to this seemingly quite common problem). Anyway we went throught the steps of resetting my account and now it works. Maybe the more people that call this level the better.

Jenny Z likes this.
  5. MrTweaker

MrTweaker Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Remington, MD
    The activation did not work for me. But the escalation number did. A real person helped me. I have save that number in my contacts.

6. ron scubadiver

ron scubadiver Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    It's been several weeks since I have had a problem, but there were times when the activation thing worked, with an error and sometimes without. Lately, the most it ever takes is to turn airplane mode on and off.

I have also solved the battery life problem by geting rid of any apps that are constantly checking the internet.

Tags: