• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3G data Won't Work

Hey there. I've actually had quite a few other problems with this phone and its really starting to annoy me now haha. But I've had this problem for the last couple of weeks. Whenever I go and turn on the data button in either the settings or the notification bar, nothing happens. The data won't turn on. I tried restarting my phone several times and checking for malware but it hasn't fixed it and I'm hesitant to try a hard reset because I don't want to install all my apps again. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Try toggling between 3G and GPRS to force the modem to connect. (settings -> wireless and network settings -> mobile settings -> network mode -> switch between WCDMA only and GSM only modes) If that doesn't work, call your service provider and ask him to send gprs/3g settings for your phone. Most probably you will have to manually enter the settings, but the customer care guy will guide you through that. If that still doesn't work, ask customer care if there is something wrong with the 3g network in your area. The network could be down for maintenance or something, but then its unlikely that they'll turn off the network for weeks. If all else fails, take your phone to an lg service centre. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Tasa010
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones