• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3g dropping out

I had it happen to me at work. Started getting horrible to no signal where it was normally perfect. Did a factory reset and works great again. Just didn't download the apps again i had recently installed. Factory reset was a breeze with appbrain and synching my contacts with google. Wont be afraid to do that again.

Upvote 0
I had this same problem, where it would just drop out and never come back unless i manually turned the network off and back on.. it was something that started about a month and a few weeks into owning. They sent me out a replacement, but before it came I did hard reset its never done it again.. hoping the issue does not return.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My signal was at 91. Sometimes it turns back to 3g but sometimes I need to reset the device or turn airplane mode on then off.
Doing a factory reset would mean I need to root again, right?

Seems to only happen when I have bad signal strength, so I'm going to blame it on that for now

I've heard of people formatting just to test this. They still had root.

Upvote 0
I never had any issues with my phone at all, including low signal strength, till about a week ago. The 3g connection would just die completely and ONLY come back if I turned mobile network off and back on.. and then it would only stay for a brief time. Factory reset fixed this, but we will see how long it lasts I guess. its only been about a week or two so far, but no problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones