1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

3g Drops to 1x only in afternoon

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WReX1285, Jul 4, 2013.

1. WReX1285

WReX1285 Lurker

Hello, long time lurker first time poster here.

I am having an issue with 3g that I just can not wrap my head around. I work in the oilfield so I am constantly on fringe areas with little to no signal. I bought the wilson signal boost dt with the directional antenna.

I went from no signal to full 5 bars of 1x the night I hooked it up, but was kind a disappointed it was only 1x. The next morning I woke up and my phone was, so I plugged it in and was excited to see that special 3g symbol when It booted up. For the past couple of days it drops to 1x about 2pm central time.

No amount of sim card pulling, airplane mode, or hard resets have gotten my 3g signal to reconnect. Goes straight to 1x every time. I have tried the *228 and the ##778 as well with no luck.

I just cant seem to understand why the signal goes to crap every day around the same time and us fine in the mornings. Any ideas or suggestions?:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mike145

mike145 Guest

You should absolutely never dial 228 from a 4g device. Power the device off, and pull the sim, wait a couple minutes put the sim back and power up to update roaming. I was told by tech support that dialing 228 or #778 from a 4g device can mess it up badly. I am in a 4g area, and cannot get 4g at all. I get 3g with 1 or 2 bars, 1x with 1 or 2 bars, or just a couple bars with nothing else. I am also getting the sim error again. When I contacted big red 3 weeks ago, they said they opened a trouble ticket and that I would have to deal with the data connection issue until they can get a resolution. I have called to check on this issue a few times and was told they are still working on the issue.

3. WReX1285

WReX1285 Lurker

hmmmm.... I have never even had 4g with the DNA. It has only ever been 3g or 4gLTE.

Think it is my phone then?

4. WReX1285

WReX1285 Lurker

so no thoughts on why my coverage is spot on 3g in the mornings and complete garbage as the day progresses?

HTC Droid DNA Forum

The HTC Droid DNA release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2020mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews