1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

3g, H, G?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Karlohumpy, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Karlohumpy

Karlohumpy Active Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Just a quick one..

Does anyone actually get 3g on their desire? Or is H our version of 3g? The reason i ask is i'm normally on a fair few bars of G and occasionally 1 or 2 bars of H. And to be honest for mobile browsing capabilities it's pretty abysmal.

I'm on o2 pay and go and i've tried just about every apn setting i can find on the net, and the only one that works at all is the one i get when i use the default apn.

Does anyone know of a good P&Go o2 setting for mobile web for in the UK?

thanks folks.

Advertisement

2. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I'm on T-Mobile and I've never seen 3G displayed, only G or H.

Don't worry as H is the faster version of 3G (3.5G) so it's actually better.

3. Karlohumpy

Karlohumpy Active Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Oh right. I think the problem for me is the best i seem to get is 1 or 2 bars of H. :mad:

4. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    The phone will tend to choose a weak 3G/H signal in preference to a stronger G one.

You can set your phone to GSM only which means it will ignore any 3G/H connections and connect using G only. It should result in a stronger signal but of course G is much slower.

If you want to try it go into settings / wireless & networks / mobile networks / network mode, change from auto to GSM only.

5. Karlohumpy

Karlohumpy Active Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Yeah i know, G doesn't let me browse at all. Is there anyway of improving H signal? Different APN settings perhaps?

Tags: