1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

3G help with optimus M

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sugarfree661, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Sugarfree661

Sugarfree661 Well-Known Member

Ok so here's the deal, I live in Bakersfield Ca, and I can switch my phone to EVDO only using the LTE switch from the android market. I get great 3g coverage almost everywhere I go after switching to EVDO only, possibly even better than my 1x lol, but the thing is, I have absolutely NO data, I only can make calls, (have not tried text).. I've tried updating my prl but it stays at 3019, so question is would I have to have prl 3020 for data to be enabled? or is there possibly any other solutions? Maybe if I was to stand in an area where I get the best 3g and then switching to 1x and updating my prl might help get 3020? Because If I try to dial *228 while on EVDO only it just hangs up, I apologize ahead of time for any similar post, and any help is greatly appreciated..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ray305

Ray305 Well-Known Member

Update your PRL to 3020 using either LGNPST or QPST. It's a really simple process.

3. Sugarfree661

Ok I'm following the tutorial but I get an error when dragging the file into the reggie.exe, (sorry forgot name of file, I'm not around my comp)..any help?

4. Ray305

Ray305 Well-Known Member

To fix the error right click reggie.exe and run it in compability mode windows xp SP3 and register ms690.dll again and you should not get the error again.

Sugarfree661 likes this.
  5. Sugarfree661

I just used the other method of manually updating my PRL to 3020.. But uhh...it seems like they switched there 3g off? Lol, been having excellent 3g service the last 2 days, somewhat sporatic, some days its very bad. But when I decide to switch to 3020 they turn out completly off.. Lol my luck! :p hopefully it will be back up soon :(

6. discua8

discua8 Well-Known Member

hey sugarfree i got one question.. how is it that ur gettin 3g in bakersfield... i live in bakersfield 2 nd i have 3020 nd i have sign of 3g :( so any tips on how is it that ur gettin 3g plz ty ...

7. Ray305

Ray305 Well-Known Member

It was probably a glitch while using PRL 3019 cause that PRL doesn't support 3G.

8. Sugarfree661

I only got 3g in oildale, downtown, and southwest, poor signal in oildale tho. Since I've upgraded to 3020 last night I havn't been downtown or to the southwest since to test, only oildale, I don't understand how come I got 3g while on 3019 but not now.. But the 3g data wouldn't work on 3019 do I thought updating would help, but now no signs of it at all..

9. Ray305

Ray305 Well-Known Member

PRL 3019 doesn't support 3G. When you turned on EVDO only it probably glitched up your phone since it was on PRL 3019. That's probably why the 3G icon showed up and you couldn't use the web. Trying to get 3G on PRL 3019 is like trying to make your dog speak lol. It can't be done.

10. Ray305

Ray305 Well-Known Member

Now that your phone has PRL 3020 it's looking for the upgraded towers to get 3G. If it can't find the upgraded towers than you will have to stay with 1x until they upgrade the tower in your area or you will have to go somewhere that has the upgraded towers.

11. Sugarfree661

Ok, I understand BUT, if it was a glitch then how come I was able to make calls and text while on EVDO only? As long as I had the 3G signal, That had to of been a legitimate signal. Can't glitch that..

12. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

Calls and text go through a different deal then data.
    You can make calls and send texts even when you cant access the internet.

13. unsafe8989

unsafe8989 Lurker

I GOT 3G IN BAKERSFIELD 3 DAYS AGO!!! Automatic update to prl 3025. Speeds Are Pretty Solw average at 150 kbps and go up to 750 kbps at time.