1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

3g hotspot questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Blackaspitch, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Blackaspitch

Blackaspitch Lurker

ok so i did the ##778 crack on my un-rooted incredible, now in order to connect using my laptop its asking me for a security key or passphrase. Is there somewhere in my phone that i can create/edit one or what? i cant find it and i am very confused. also has anyone else used this crack and gotten in trouble for it through vzw. just curious about what the concequences might be should i get caugt using this and not shelling out the 20 extra bucks a month (im paying enough already). thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Blackaspitch

Blackaspitch Lurker

i figured out how to view my wep key but im still currious about the other part. so... anyone get busted?

3. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

I've been using it since August, no problems EVER.

4. Darebrokenheart

Darebrokenheart Well-Known Member

Before I rooted my phone I used the ##778 and was never asked for any security passwords. Also I have used it for months and no problems at all with verizon. Use it and have fun.:D I don't see it as it being wrong because rooting the phone makes the mobile hotspot available for free so what's the difference?;)

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews