1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

3g internet on N10 4.4.2 (no root) Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by t003, Dec 15, 2013.

1. t003

t003 Lurker

I need an bt tethering connection from my smartphone (android 2.1) to my tablet (N10 4.4.2) and it seems quite hard after kitkat...
    Does anyone of you any solution?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dibblebill

dibblebill Android Expert

I use a WiFi tether on my phone if I must. otherwise you have to root it and use a kernel that can use a USB 3G antenna.

3. t003

t003 Lurker

how you wifi tether? What app?Easytheter? I did not find any app who works after 4.4.2.....

4. dibblebill

Well, to be honest, I haven't tethered in a while, not since 4.3, but my phone is running Android 4.1.2 and can tether in infrastructure, not ad-hoc, mode, so that might be why it worked.

5. t003

t003 Lurker

it seems quite hard to do it after 4.4.2

None in any forum did find a solution jet, it seems incredible considering how important internet is and considering that wifi is not always avaiable...
    really hard to understand why nexus 10 4.4.2 have those limits....

6. dibblebill

I just don't understand why a 3G/4G model wasn't released. I might've bought it and a SIM Card to go with it.

7. t003

t003 Lurker

I did not find any 3g/4g model working on nexus 10 4.4.2, maybe updates will fix it, but I think it is insane to block any chance to use 3g internet on N10, by automatic upgrade, without fix it since weeks....

8. dibblebill

I'll try to see if mine supports it later and report back.

9. t003

t003 Lurker

many thanks!