• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3G isn't kicking in?

GNS1310

Apr 11, 2010
We have no 4G in the area and lately at work (where I have no access to WiFi), the phone won't kick into 3G for me. I did something to it pre-update, to keep it on 3G instead of 4G...it had something to do with that I think...can't remember what it was, thinking I have to do it again.
Any thoughts?

We have no 4G in the area and lately at work (where I have no access to WiFi), the phone won't kick into 3G for me. I did something to it pre-update, to keep it on 3G instead of 4G...it had something to do with that I think...can't remember what it was, thinking I have to do it again.
Any thoughts?
It should automatically fall back to 3G if 4G isn't available, but you can manually force it 3G by going to Settings->Mobile network->Network mode and select CDMA Only.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones