• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I don't know if this is a juice defender problem or not. My phone is ditching the 3g connection when the screen is turned off. As soon as the screen turns off, it drops the 3g connection. I noticed this through use of Pandora. While the screen is open, it will play a song...when the song is over, nothing plays. I press the power button, unlocked the screen and 1. I have no 3g icon and 2. Pandora says "waiting for connection." A couple second later, my 3g icon returns and Pandora loads and carries on with the music...until the end of the current song. I have to repeat this over and over.

I've added Pandora to the list of apps Juice Defender is supposed to ignore, as well as turning off the screen based data connection.

Still does it. Any ideas?

Thanks,
- Randy

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones