• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

welbinator

Android Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2010
so I have the droid bionic, and while streaming Pandora at work, I frequently notice that I'm not hearing any music anymore. I wake my phone up, and notice that the 3G icon in the notification bar is gone. after a couple seconds, the icon comes back, and the music starts playing again. This keeps happening throughout the day. 3G goes away, wake the phone up, 3G comes back almost immediately. over and over.

I'm in the process of troubleshooting, I want to know if it only happens with Pandora (I doubt it since the 3G icon is disappearing) and I want to see how often exactly it happens.

I have CDMA enabled, (CDMA/LTE disabled) and I have data roaming enabled. No wifi.

anybody else having this problem?

i read that thread. sounds similar. I have my 4G turned off, and this issue isn't killing my battery. (probably because 4G is not involved).

I found the issue to happen with Google Music as well as Pandora, so the verizon rep can't tell me it's a Pandora problem. Also, I set my phone to not go to sleep, and let it play for an hour with no 3G interruptions. This issue seems to only happen when the screen has been off for awhile. The first time it happened today it took 43 minutes, the second time it took 24 minutes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones