1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General 3G lost after calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jeffery, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Jeffery

Jeffery Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    Marco Island, Florida
    I called Verizon today pertaining to losing my 3G after calls (I'm not in an LTE area yet). They told me it was a known issue and that it should be resolved by early November with a software update and that the phone has only been out a little over a week and to be patient.

Advertisement

2. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 11, 2011
    Engineer
    Eastern VA
    My 3G disappeared today. Bad time for it as my wife was trying to use my phone to find a recipe. So VerizonWireless she was not not impressed and may not want a smart phone. But anyway I powered down the phone to swap the 16GB card for the new 32GB (PNY P-SDU32G10TEFM1) and behold 3G is back. I guess this is the temporary fix.

3. BusaRider

BusaRider Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    Male
    Yea mine did while today as well. Reboot resolved it. It didn't happen after a call or anything, it just happened out of the blue. So I did some experimenting before trying a reboot.

If I connected to my Wifi i was able to use it just fine. If I shut off the Wifi no app that needed to access the data network worked. However I was able to send text messages. The only thing I didn't try before the reboot and I wish I had thought to try it was to put it into airplane mode(turn off all radios) and then back to normal.

But the reboot definitely worked.

4. biker128pedal

None

Aug 11, 2011
    Engineer
    Eastern VA
    I tried the airplane mode and that did not work. Wish I knew how that worked so I could toggle 3G/4G. :rolleyes:

5. Jeffery

Jeffery Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    Marco Island, Florida
    I called Verizon last night to see if they had any input. I was forwarded to advanced technical support and they told me that this was a known software problem and that an update, probably beginning of November, would fix this issue. They also reminded me that the phone was released less than two weeks ago.

So far now it seems that we just need to reboot to correct the problem.

I am currently using Root Toolbox Pro so that I can do a restart without having to power the phone down and restart.

EDIT: As far as my original post, they were unaware of the bluetooth issue and told me they would document it so that if it is hardware they would replace my phone.

6. Reverence

Reverence Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    I have had this happen a few times, but it usually comes back on it's own after a little while of waiting.

7. biker128pedal

None

Aug 11, 2011
    Engineer
    Eastern VA
    It went and then it came back. Must be the service today.