• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3G Not Working

rdtraylor1

Lurker
Aug 9, 2011
I have a charge and I downloaded an app off the android market called Internet OnOff Free to turn the 3g on and off so i could save battery when i wasnt using the internet and now my 3g doesn't work. If I go wifi I can use it. The 3g is just not working. I took the phone to a Verizon store and they said that they might have to wipe the phone or possibly give me a new one. They switched out the sim card but I don't think that worked. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

one of the reasons I got rid of my Droid Charge was because it constantly lost G service..... and I"m in a verizon prime area.... I would lose it for HOURS though.

Why not uninstall that app... seems to be the issue YOU are having. And why use an app when u can pull down the menu and turn it off there?

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0
one of the reasons I got rid of my Droid Charge was because it constantly lost G service..... and I"m in a verizon prime area.... I would lose it for HOURS though.

Why not uninstall that app... seems to be the issue YOU are having. And why use an app when u can pull down the menu and turn it off there?

I didn't know that I could pull down the menu and turn it off until after I downloaded the app. I have since deleted the app but its still not working. its been over a day and it's still not working.

Upvote 0

This is happing to me, I live close to west Virginia mine G drops and my service drops and gives me the circle with a slash in it. I called verizon still with in my 14 day return, we went through some tech stuff, still didn't fix it. Well when I called them again a few days later they said sorry cant switch you out of it, your passed the 14 days by 3 days. I argued for an hour they said they could put me in a 3G phone anyone I wanted, but I would be losing a $100 since I paid $299 and 3G phones are $199. They were like sorry we are helping you. I took a replacement and its still doing the same thing. I can't have a 4g phone I guess in a low 3G area. Sorry for the rant.

Upvote 0
Then they have some things to fix on their network because now that we have multiple phones all showing the same issue, this has got to be a network problem. I refuse to think that all 4G phones have the same hardware/software issues, that's impossible considering they are from different manufacturers with different firmware and different development teams.

Upvote 0
Then they have some things to fix on their network because now that we have multiple phones all showing the same issue, this has got to be a network problem. I refuse to think that all 4G phones have the same hardware/software issues, that's impossible considering they are from different manufacturers with different firmware and different development teams.

What is making it unstable IS Verizon's issue on their 4G phones. 4G is a mess and VZW rushed it out to keep up with Tmobile and Sprint. Since I switched to a 3g phone i have had NO G issues at all!

Upvote 0
Turns out I belong here. 4G works, but 3G does not for me. This is problematic since I'm 3G 75% of the time where I live. I've restarted my phone, taken the SIM card out, etc. I'm sick of factory resetting and I'm already on my second phone after the My Verizon app kept effing up my original.

Any suggestions on the best way to backup the phone for a factory reset? I've stayed away from the Root stuff since it's on a business account and I don't want to create a warranty headache. I hate having to put the home screens back together, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones