• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3G on Samsung Admire Here is the 3022.prl

So it is true that they are updating the Samsung Admire to 3G speeds. They need to hurry up and update my phone to 3G. My mom has 3G and still have 1x trust me they are not the same thing!!!!!!!!!!
=CAVEMAN_93;3178404]So when I woke up this morning I looked at my phone and it has 3g on it, I checked my PRL Version and it says 03020 which is for 3g capable so I'm guessing metropcs updated the Admire to 3g at dallas tx last night. :)[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
Hello all,

I am new to the android world. I recently got the samsung admire a couple weeks ago. My friend was telling me about updating the prl. I was at 3023 yesterday and finally attempteto update it. Ive read through the thread about updating by downloading and installing QPST 2.7 Build 323 but i seem to not be able to get through the problems. And when i learned about updating my phone by dialing *228, this only made my speeds worse. Instead of upgrading to 3024 or 3025, it downgraded to 3019 (pretty stupid of metro to update me to an older prl might i add). My only question is if there is a way to at least undo this or if anyone can help me out with updating to the latest prl. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hello all,

I am new to the android world. I recently got the samsung admire a couple weeks ago. My friend was telling me about updating the prl. I was at 3023 yesterday and finally attempteto update it. Ive read through the thread about updating by downloading and installing QPST 2.7 Build 323 but i seem to not be able to get through the problems. And when i learned about updating my phone by dialing *228, this only made my speeds worse. Instead of upgrading to 3024 or 3025, it downgraded to 3019 (pretty stupid of metro to update me to an older prl might i add). My only question is if there is a way to at least undo this or if anyone can help me out with updating to the latest prl. Thanks.

this thread and guide is very helpful, ive reffered to it twice and its gotten easier and easier, plus i havent come across any errors, and it works 100%. very easy
http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...st-update-instructions-regularly-updated.html

Upvote 0
Just updated to .plr 3025 . No 3G and I am in NYC. If 3025 wont give me 3G, what are the chances one of the older .prls like 3022 would give 3G?

Phone displays 3025 as the prl in settings.
if youre certain youre running the 3025 prl (settings/about phone/status/prl version) then the problem could be a lack of 3g access in your area. i recommend you keep he 3025, since its the updated roaming list, going lower only gives you less of a chance of accessing 3g networks

Upvote 0
if youre certain youre running the 3025 prl (settings/about phone/status/prl version) then the problem could be a lack of 3g access in your area. i recommend you keep he 3025, since its the updated roaming list, going lower only gives you less of a chance of accessing 3g networks

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I doubt an older PRL would do the trick whereas a newer one wouldnt.

Upvote 0
Metro 3G = 90k - 200k

Fastest I've ever gotten was 190k or so ... (althought the latency is very relevant to normal 3G so thats good ... )

Any one try to run a 128kbps shoutcast stream on a decent 3G signal?
Mine stops to buffer quite often while driving on the freeway ... (Winamp) - to the point where I end up turning it off. I hae successfully listened to lower bitrate talkshows w/o interruption.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones