• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3G on Samsung Admire Here is the 3022.prl

Can somebody tell me if rooting from desk top computer with dail up with mess up my phone please I dont need another brick
Sorry but I do not understand your question. Rooting is done with a computer (desktop or laptop... does not matter).

As for dial up, this will not matter either. You will download the files to your desktop computer/laptop computer and then root it from there.

Upvote 0
Thankx a million to locklady. Pembroke Pines, FL 3G - prl3022
3G_screenshot.jpg

Upvote 0
Thankx a million to locklady. Pembroke Pines, FL 3G - prl3022
3G_screenshot.jpg
:)

~*~:cool:~*~
You should also get a automatic OTA(over the air update) to prl 3023 at some point soon, as you are basically in my area.

try to shut phone down, & remove battery for a few minutes,
that may help kick-in your update to 3023.

I've learned that>
The lower the -dBm number is, the stronger the signal.
-65 dBm is a good signal.(4 of 4 bars)
-101 dBm is considered signal lost.(0 of 4 bars) (Page 1)

what is your signal hovering around?
mine is usually around
-86 dBm (2 of 4 bars)
and i fluctuate between 3G and 1x.

metro pcs told me that they are still in the process of updating the towers, & when they are done our 3G will then hit true 3G speeds.

cant wait till 3G is solid as a rock:p
But, at least our admires are getting the 3G they were meant to get(thankful for that)
My Samsung Code(a 3G capable phone)<==<<< (RIP)lol
never got 3G.

Upvote 0
Just got great news, I woke up this morning and I checked my phone and I saw something different in the notification bar. Instead of 1x, I have 3G :) I'm on PRL 3024, live in West Covina, California and I have the Samsung Admire. Hopefully everyone living in Southern California is also getting 3G.

I can confirm that PRL 3024 does the trick for us in Los Angeles. I updated to that PRL and I am not getting 3g. Yay for hacking and these forums.

FYI there is not 3g coverage in Santa Monica, Ca. The coverage there is stinky.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks again locklady! I've been enjoying better speed with the 3G enabled on my samsung admire. I'd like to speed it up more (wouldn't we all? LOL) but it's working great with prl 3022.
Also, I rooted the phone yesterday and deleted the metro bloatware. I highly recommend doing that! My phone keeps getting better by the day thanks to awesome people like locklady and the many helpful and knowledgeable members of this forum.

-FM

Upvote 0
Same stats for me. Usually in and out of 1x and 3G so I just manually popped the 3023prl in there to see how it does. Might still try the 3024prl, but from all the research I've done, it's just too soon for Metro as they are still growing with this. A Metro rep at a local store told me we should expect good 3G around Feb 2012 from what they told him.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones