1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

3G only data connection issue.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vesuvio, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Vesuvio

Vesuvio New Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Software Engineer
    Twin Cities, MN
    I've had the myTouch 3G with the 3.5mm jack for about 6 weeks or so. About 5 days ago I started getting a lot of connection errors from apps and page not found errors from the browser. It got worse for a few days until I finally called TMobile customer service. They had me reboot the phone and fixed some things in my network profile. It worked great for a few hours and the problems came back. So I called customer service again and they said to try putting my sim card in another phone, that worked fine, and then they said to try a master reset of the phone. I hesitated for a day, and found during that time if I changed the standard mobile network settings to only use 2G all the time, the data connection problems went away. If I switched back to 3G, they would come back.

So, today I tried the master reset. I had trouble getting setup again because it came back in 3G and took several tries to connect to my gmail account and setup the phone. It worked ok for a while, but I'm still having the problem.

Has anyone heard of this problem before? Does this sound like a hardware with the phone? Does anyone have any suggestions about what else I might try?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

I don't know what it could be. Do you for sure have 3G coverage in all of the areas you are experimenting with? If you did a master reset and the 3G came but then later went I wouldn't think there was a huge problem. Whenever I know I should be getting better service than I am, I just reboot my phone and that helps a ton. I think that it needs that at least once a day. Also if it persists, just take it back to Tmobile and ask them for a new phone. I don't know what else you could do beyond that, but I hope that it works out. Good luck!