• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3g problems?

Jbuch84

Apr 27, 2010
Hey guys, I've searched and searched for help with this..hope someone might be able to help out. I'm having terrible 3g connection problems with my fascinate, constantly getting "no network connection" messages when trying to browse the web. My signal will drop to 1x and then nothing, wait a few seconds and 3g is back. I'm having this problem with all applications I use, pandora..youtube..market..you name it. I pretty much can only do reliable data transfer when using wifi.

I live across the road from our towns verizon tower and didn't have any problems in my area getting 3g on my previous phone, moto droid. My connection issues also happen in other cities so I don't think it's reception.

This is my second fascinate, I returned the first because I was having these same problems. I've since rooted this one, installed super clean rom and voodoo kernel in hopes that maybe this could fix something..no luck. Also tried *228 and had verizon manually set my cdma settings to no avail. Tech support suggests replacing my phone but I've done that once and it didn't help.i might be stubborn but find it hard to believe I would get a dud twice in a row.

Anyway, please tell me there is something I'm missing here. I'm going crazy lol, like the phone too much aside from this issue and hate to leave it for something else..but if I'm paying $30 a month for a data plan I would like to be able to use it as intended..thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones