1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root 3G Running more responsive on 2.2.1 ROM vs CM7 2.3.5 ROM? Any suggestions on what's going on?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Donte559, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Donte559

Donte559 Member
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    When I uploaded the 3023 PRL OTA, my 3g don't get me wrong was working fine. I overheard a member of the forum quote that the stock 2.2.1 ROM runs more smoother and faster, I noticed the change??

Advertisement

2. TweeksRevenge

TweeksRevenge Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 15, 2011
    The Grim Reaper cleaned up all the apples....now I
    Austell, Ga
    The 3g problem with cm7.2 is in the "supercharger v6 settings" section of the build.prop file located in /system/. I'm playing with some settings now to see what I can figure out

Solved: Using an app like File Expert copy the build.prop file from /system/ to your sdcard. Open build.prop with text editor app and change all instances of the
    ro.ril.hspxa= to match each other (copy the 3 value to the end of = )
    Make any other desired changes and then copy your new build.prop file over the old one in /system/.
    Reboot and I hope this helps anyone having cm7 3g problems

3. tripdoc79

tripdoc79 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 24, 2011
    giving it a try.. havent really noticed any problems with 3g.. but may as welll change it lol.. oh and if your using root explorer, you can do all of this within root explorer.. copy file to sd, long hold on the file on ur sd card, scroll down to open in text editor, make changes save, copy back and replace

Tags: