1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support 3g signal drops when it goes to 3g"d".

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tonyb81, Oct 20, 2010.

1. tonyb81

tonyb81 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    I really don't need help so much, I've already called Verizon and they are sending out a new phone. This is more of trying to see if others have the same problem.

When my phone's 3g indicator has a "D" instead of the arrows, I either have 1 bar, or no signal bars. When I open an app that uses the network I shoot up to 3 bars all the time. I also notice that my "time without signal" is through the roof.

I'm just wondering if anyone else notices this on their phone.

Advertisement

2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    NJ
    i get the "d" a lot but usually my cell bars are still at 1,2 or more bars and then when i use market, browser, or something else that requires it 3g locks and is good to go. I havent thought of this as a problem really.

3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    There's been some conversion about what D stands for. I thought it was Data but most others said it was Dormant. Basically if you see the D you are not transmitting Data. Obviously if you see the arrows you are.

4. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Quality Control
    Moreno Valley
    Like saps stated it show up when your not actually using Data but it means that your getting a Digital signal in regards to calling. Also notice the changes in bars when it goes from data usage and back to the D. I beleive its gives you the signal strength of the current task its doing. Other phones would actually show 2 signal rows one which was data and the other as call strength which this device does not show. This D has actually not been confirmed by Samsung so this is my guess based on some test I've done.

As long as that D show up under 3g or 1x your call will be ok.