1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

3G speed around eugene

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by libai8268, Jul 17, 2011.

1. libai8268

libai8268 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Alright, I don't think many people can answer my question but I am getting really annoyed by the poor 3G speed around University of Oregon. I had no problem with the 3G speed when I still had my EVO 4G. After switching to EVO 3D for a week, suddenly I found out that the 3G is too slow to load anything.

The map takes a long time to load the data (maps that are not cached), market constantly says that I am not connected to the internet or takes forever to load the pictures. Not to mention the web browsing which is a disaster.

I was wondering if people around campus experience the same slow 3G speed? Or it's just my phone? I tested at the only sprint store in Eugene, the 3G speed can get up to about 1.Xmbps, however, around campus or just away from the sprint store, 3G sucks big time. I can only get like 1X-3Xkbps. I know the tower could be crowded by people but......I tested it 3am in the morning. So I wouldn't say the towers are still crowded.

Advertisement

2. evancg

evancg Lurker
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    This may or may or not help but for the past few weeks I've had really slow 3G speeds on my Epic 4G. Using Speed Test, speeds vary right behind 100-300kbps through out most of town. Sometimes it goes faster, but...most of the time it's been pretty miserable lately.