1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support 3G to HSPA+ to LTE to 4G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by togethersjg, Jun 2, 2011.

1. togethersjg

togethersjg Guest
    None
    Before I picked up an Infuse 4G I had a conversation with the ATT rep about the transition from 3G to 4G. The sense I got was HSPA+ is 3.5G, LTE is 3.75G, and full deploymnet of true 4G is the wish and a prayer out in 2014+. That being said the thing that swayed me to purchase now was that the Infuse was engineered to provide for a single smooth transition all the way along the 3G to 4G path. Anyone pick up on the same thing?

Advertisement

2. halo0

halo0 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    Software
    Ann Arbor
    Not really because the infuse has no LTE radio, it's HSPA 3G or HSPA+ "3.5G" only.

3. togethersjg

togethersjg Guest
    None
    How wrong am I to think that any future capability will be done with a software upgrade? If the phone is specially designed to allow it to incorporate additional access capabilities, what problem am I missing?

4. rjan22

rjan22 Newbie
    None

May 1, 2010

So very ultimately wrong lol.
    But don't worry lte on at&t won't happen anytime soon may be 2016 signal is still spotty.
    And LTE sucks check Verizon forum with regards to LTE phones, it suck the battery in 3hrs more or less even if you are not using the phone, making the phone need to be plug on the AC wall outlet all the time, so almost all people turn off the 4g LTE connection to be able to enjoy the phone, because who would want an smartphone with a 4g connection but phone is off