• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3G watchdog is wrong?!

AKA_Rizzo

Oct 2, 2010
I have had 3G watchdog for a few weeks now.

I have gone right thru a monthly cycle with it, Mine starts on the 26th of each month. So 3G will reset at midnight on the 25th.

Now 3G states my total is 47.27MB

Now, if I dial AT&T's data usage number I get

Next Bill cycle 12/26/10
Data (MB 83.5 of 2048

Now I am running Advanced Task killer but 3G is NOT registered to be killed..It's black w/o a green star.

What gives ??

I am running a 2.1 generic global ROM. It switches to H (HDSPA(sp?) instead of 3g. But my notification icon for 3G WD states I have a clear 3G signal.

Is my ROM fooling with 3GWD ? Is the new H symbol and different channel skirting 3GWD's ability to count my bits ?

Mine's always a little off too. Just KB off mind you.

Can you talk to someone from AT&T? I know sometimes with Rogers my billing cycle is supposed to reset on the 1st but the website shows it reset on the 3rd. I even got a text saying i was over my useage..on the 2nd! I called them and they said it was a system error and that they saw I did not go over for the previous month.

Upvote 0
Been running 3g Watchdog for 4 months now - most its been out is about 50kb

as for WiFi - this is NOT measured on my phone, just 3g usage

** TO ORIGINAL POSTER **

the point that X10iUser was trying to make is that you originally stated that you had only used 3GWD for a few weeks, but as a full month is required to give accurate usage data - it was naturally assumed that you had not run the software for a full monthly cycle as you stated - and to be fair, thats the only explanation i can offer from your original post

although the last post about social networks sounds valid, if a little confusing way to get billed

Upvote 0
yeah... but roger's ridiculous 500mb limit does not give that much latitude (unless you want to pay an xtra 40$ over your plan to get 6GB limit)
I would love it if AT&T had a 500mb limit its either 200mb at $15 or 2gb at $25 they obviously want you to go over cause it will cost you a foot and a leg if you do.

Upvote 0
I would love it if AT&T had a 500mb limit its either 250mb at $15 or 2gb at $25 they obviously want you to go over cause it will cost you a foot and a leg if you do.
That would be perfect for me as well. I usually end up at slightly over 400 mb. I read somewhere that if you start to go over they automatically add the same data plan.

Upvote 0
Use Dodol Data Usage; it's bang on.

[ dodol ] PhoneUsage 2.2.1 (Android) - Download

chart

Ok I'll try that.

Upvote 0
I would love it if AT&T had a 500mb limit its either 200mb at $15 or 2gb at $25 they obviously want you to go over cause it will cost you a foot and a leg if you do.

Yes, and I urge all AT&T wireless customers to constantly barrage them about the extremely cheap and ridiculous broadband limit... should be at least 500MB for $15 extra on your bill.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones