1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

3G Watchdog Problem - Please Help

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Holly26, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Holly26

Holly26 Lurker

I'm new to the android situation so I'm still trying to figure things out. I just got the Samsung Galaxy Aviator on Saturday. I got a data plan that lets me have up to 5GB per month. I installed the free version of Watchdog and here it is a few days later and the Mobile Internet Usage is still at 0. I do use my Wifi when I'm at home and it's counting that with no problem. Am I doing something wrong? I can't figure out why my Mobile Usage is going nowhere even though I have been using it for a few days. Please Help! Thanks :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. alpha0990

alpha0990 Android Enthusiast

is it jst the % figure that is at 0? when u get to about 3.5 MB the % figure will change to 0.1%

3. Holly26

Holly26 Lurker

No everything is at 0. The percent is at 0 and so is everything else on the Mobile Internet Usage screen. My bar at the top says 0 B out of 5 GB. Then the lilttle chart towards the bottom with the Received, Sent, Total Columns and the Plan, Today, Week, Month Rows all say 0 B in them. Hope that makes sense.

4. alpha0990

yes that makes sense n it is strange lol. have u tried turning wifi off for a while to make sure mobile data r in use?

5. alpha0990

ah at the market it states mobile usage no longer counted on some samsung phones since the last 3g watchdog update. u might need an older version of the app

6. Holly26

Holly26 Lurker

Thanks soooo much for your help with this!
    I have tried turning the WiFi off for awhile and still got nothing.

Ughh this sucks. Is there even a way for me to get an older version of watchdog or should I just try another app?

7. alpha0990

no problemo lol. i think ive got a version from a few months ago on my pc. u can have a copy if necessary. we might b able to find a site where u cud download an old version thou. i'll c if i can find such a site.

8. alpha0990

0.35.0 try that version. if the above link doesnt work, paste the url into google

9. rgruet

rgruet Newbie

Hello,

I'm the developer of 3G Watchdog and I doubt that using an old version will solve the problem. Maybe it is caused by this particular phone model (the Samsung Aviator). Unfortunately that would not be the first time with Samsung (e.g. the Galaxy Tab 10.1 doesn't work properly).

You can try to install another data counting app such as NetCounter and see if it counts better.

In any case please send me an email via the 3GW feedback function (main screen > menu > More > About > Feedback), it includes some info about your configuration.

Richard