1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General 3g wont transmit data?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ulao, Jan 9, 2012.

1. ulao

ulao Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    Recently my area shows 3g where ever I go. I uses to only get 4g. I turn off 4g (global mode) and enable CDMA only to save battery. So I was thinking this would be a perfect way to use data when 4g is off. I updated my phone with the update towers feature to be sure but I still can not use data. It shows 3g with 4 bars and the up and down arrows indicate data transfer but I never can pull up a web page. Is this not going to work?

Advertisement

2. Reaper man

Reaper man Well-Known Member
    None

Just as a heads up, the 3G in my area (Jacksonville, FL) barely works, which is why I just leave 4G on.

3. liderbravin

liderbravin Member
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Pompano Beach / FL
    im in florida also but i bit more south, down close to miami...i always have to run on CDMA ...i dont know if its on my head but seems like if i leave my 4G on all the time the phone gets 2 hot...but yes, down here also,even if you switch to CDMA still gives you 3G and as for my exprience it works just fine...witch it sucks i think cause i used to use the code to switch to CDMA to get 1x to reduce battery drain...now im not sure if been on 3G but still in CDMA mode save as good as how used to be when used to be on 1x only....but as far the 3G service working i have no problem...yes its slower then 4G for sure, but i have no problem keeping msn,fb messanger on..etc...also browser loads ok...just like 4G every now and then will get a blank page time out and i have to reload,but thaths normal....i just wish to know if the fact that since is in CDMA mode im saving battery even if if showing 3G...cause before,few months ago once you turn to CDMA u wold get only 1x....anybody knows how to awnser this question? is there a big diference now been on CDMA 3g or GLOBAL 4G ?

4. TRS-80

TRS-80 Android Enthusiast
    None

Metro's "3G" that you see nowadays was an update to the logo only. It's still the same old 1x-rtt that it always was. That means painfully slow (think dialup) speeds 100-150 kbps. You are much better off using 4G, unless of course it's not available.