• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3rd party messangers LED's wont blink,stay solid.pls help

rjjr2531

Android Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2009
dallas,tx
I've tried Handcent and gosms and can't troubleshoot this issue. When I receive messages the led doesn't blink, it stays a solid color or typically red. Tried led flow and hasn't worked. It's tedious and I'm having trouble with it. Pls help.... All I want is go sms, with a blinking led on my galaxy s3!

I also am having this problem. If anyone else has had it, or knows for sure if it is just an app problem please reply.

I've been on other sites, and their phones seem to have different colors as well. Mine is just blue for text and email, they flash, but for whatsapp or Facebook, they don't flash, just a solid purplish color.

Upvote 0
The LED system is bugged and hopefully will be fixed. This is an known issue. For instance, try using Light Flow - all the colors it sets are wrong, not because there's something wrong with the app, but because of the bugs.

Even Google Voice only gives a solid notification.

This is for Samsung to fix, not app makers. Those apps work fine on other phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones