• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3UK 2.1 update news

i spent ages downloading backup apps and backing everything up (Mybackup pro has a 30 day free trial and also used SMS backup and restore)

However, they were not needed as all my contacts, text messages and bookmarks are still there. better safe than sorry though i guess.

Is anyone else getting problems with downloading? Mine won't allow me to download apps or sign into google talk?

Upvote 0
i spent ages downloading backup apps and backing everything up (Mybackup pro has a 30 day free trial and also used SMS backup and restore)

However, they were not needed as all my contacts, text messages and bookmarks are still there. better safe than sorry though i guess.

Is anyone else getting problems with downloading? Mine won't allow me to download apps or sign into google talk?

i had the downloading apps problem for about 20 mins but it sorted itself out. give it a restart you should be fine.

Upvote 0
i had the downloading apps problem for about 20 mins but it sorted itself out. give it a restart you should be fine.

oh ok,already tried restarting and it wont work, but i'll give it a while and try later.

whilst my contacts are all there, they are no longer linked to facebook and there pictures don't show up anymore, did you have this problem also?

Upvote 0
oh ok,already tried restarting and it wont work, but i'll give it a while and try later.

whilst my contacts are all there, they are no longer linked to facebook and there pictures don't show up anymore, did you have this problem also?

I had the same problem shadders, then I remembered that the date was still set ahead. I reset the date and rebooted the phone and it started downloading. :D

Upvote 0
I had the same problem shadders, then I remembered that the date was still set ahead. I reset the date and rebooted the phone and it started downloading. :D

haha yeah i realised that right after posting, so i changed the date and it immediately started working :)

now looking for a quick solution to link all my contacts back to facebook. its not even letting me do it manully person by person

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones